Lactose Intolerance and Gas

All about food intolerance: lactose, carbohydrates, fructose, alcohol, lipids, etc. Read people's experiences and write yours.

Moderator: Mario

Lactose Intolerance and Gas

Postby becs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 am

Hi All

I new here. I have recently discovered that I am also lactose intolerance and find that anytime I eat or drink anything, I bring up a lot of gas ie belching.

Prior to this I was having heartburn and my GP gave me some meds to reduce the amount of acid in my stomach. The heartburn has now gone, but I am constantly bringing up gas on a daily basis.

I am avoiding dairy products and wondering if anyone can offer any help or advice on this..

becs
becs

Postby doggybestt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:56 pm

I just found out three days ago that I am lactose intolerant. I had no idea. Now I can relate some episodes that have happent to me as I have used some lactose containing products, I had never correlated the both things. Now I am discovering the things I can or can not eat, spend double time shopping looking at labels. Does anyone has the same problem with shopping?
doggybestt

Postby Mario » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 am

doggybestt wrote:I just found out three days ago that I am lactose intolerant. I had no idea. Now I can relate some episodes that have happent to me as I have used some lactose containing products, I had never correlated the both things. Now I am discovering the things I can or can not eat, spend double time shopping looking at labels. Does anyone has the same problem with shopping?
Lactose is present in a vast variety of foods that no one expect it to be there, e.g. some processed ham. Do not forget so many medicines contain lactose.

I have prepared a detailed list of foods that may contain milk products, including lactose:Hidden Milk & Lactose.

To combat the symptoms caused by lactose, there is Prolactazyme Forte. It has no competition. Have a look at the Digestive Enzymes page.
Health regards,

Mario
the Editor.
Mario
Site Admin

Return to Lactose & Food Intolerance